Sunday 19 April 2015

Re-design.

Considering how busy I've been outside lately I have very little content for any of my blogs.
Most of my time has been spent clearing up dead plants from the half of the garden that is sort of finished and also in the polytunnel trying to keep on top of the mess that's in there.
For the first time in 6 years or so the PT is not being used for fruit or veg this year - I have finally accepted that I do not enjoy attempting to grow food - so it's going to be full of cut flowers.
I'm also starting on the second part of the garden with the help of MrTG, it involves alot of gravel clearing before we can remove the sleeper beds and then begin cutting in new curved beds ready to be packed with plants.


If I don't get it cleared now it will look like this before long and then I won't be able to tackle it again until it all dies off.



Once it's all cleared I just have to work out what beds are going where - true to form I have no plan on paper. I know roughly what I want to include but I'm finding it a tad difficult to mesh the square lines of the existing garden to the curves I want on this side. I'll get there eventually though.

This si the side I'm renovating.

3 comments:

  1. It's that time of year isn't it? You certainly have plenty to go at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard, hard work at this time of year as there is so much clearing to do after the winter, and seed sowing/ growing for this year. The planning bit is exciting however!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to see that another fellow gardener is working hard like me :-) -- I've so much clearing, planting, designing, mulching....you know all the words..that I've to do that I was getting a bit heart-broken thinking about how other gardeners do not have to do anything. I wish you all the best, and if you know of any trick from stopping those grasses invading the beds, please do let me know. I'm a bit tired of grasses.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by, if you'd like to leave a message that would be awesome and I try to respond to all messages :)