Tuesday 12 March 2013

Here comes the snow again....

Oh dear, the snow arrived today. It's not much of a show but enough to stop me from wanting to get out there





It's not all gloom and snow though. I took a quick peek in the heated propagator in the greenhouse and all the Tomato seeds have peeped through. I am so glad I decided to dabble with a heated propagator


Normally I wouldn't even have been able to sow the seeds for another month or so and even then they would take weeks to germinate due to the lack in temperature - fingers crossed I am actually going to get some ripe fruit this year.
I think I'll make another sowing in a couple of weeks though just in case these ones turn out to be too early and don't make it.

I also got round to cleaning out that workshop/Greenhouse the other day.
It's never going to look as tidy and organised as I would like because it's just too small to serve the 2 purposes I need it for but at least it's useable again now and if I sort out some shelving on that back wall then I think I can clear it even more

Before & After
Before & After

Like I said it's not brilliant but it works.


5 comments:

  1. The workshop/greenhouse are much improved. Getting rid of clutter is very satisfying, and yet I always delay doing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to be able to use it again lol. Only problem is that I've already started filling it up with seed trays because it's slightly warmer than the polytunnel at the moment - so no room once again!
      The snow has pretty much all dissappeared - yay!
      Thank you for taking the time to comment

      Linda

      Delete
  2. We are due for some more snow tonight and into the weekend...but it will be gone soon. Love your tomato sprouts...look like my lovlies in the basement waiting a couple more months before I can plant them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope the snow doesn't linger for you, ours has pretty much gone now so it wasn't here long thankfully!
      Good luck with your Tomato plants Donna.

      Thanks for commenting
      Linda

      Delete
  3. I do love a good before and after - you always feel so much better when you've had a good tidy - well I know I do. As for tomatoes I took mine out of the propagator and put them under cloches in the greenhouse but the temperature dropped and one or two have suffered - I'll just have to start again - will I never learn!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by, if you'd like to leave a message that would be awesome and I try to respond to all messages :)