Friday 10 May 2013

Before and After

You would expect before and after pictures to show the dire 'before' and the amazing 'after' transformations wouldn't you?
Well take a look at this

Before
After

Before
After


Not quite what you expected huh! There's about 8 years difference in those before and afters and it's progressively got worse over the years - hence why we are now in the middle of a complete renovation of the garden.

Mr TG has been digging out the new pond area today and though I've moaned at him ALOT lately about being lonely in the garden todays experience reminded me why I should stick to my areas and he should stick to his.
Mr TG has very different ideas to me and despite me talking him through every aspect of the pond plan before he started he has this tendency to try to manipulate things to how he thinks they should be and suddenly forgets the 20 minute conversation we had that detailed what I needed. Argh!
In the end I had to insist we do what I had planned and then I walked away, tomorrow he can go back to "his" garden.

For now here's more pictures of the mess I am attempting to tackle


Just look at that self seeded Columbine, it's absolutely everywhere and the majority of it is for the compost heap (without seed heads obviously). All that gravel is coming up and so is the polythene beneath it - we put it down believing it would suppress weeds. it doesn't! It's amazing what will grow in gravel.
The Butler sink used to look spectacular - honest! Now it's a mass of weeds and unruly Sempervivums.


Bad isn't it!
I haven't a clue what I was thinking when I built that maypole, I really don't. I rescued a Clematis this year that had been trying to climb up it but due to it being in shade it has never managed much more than a dozen leaves or so. That Cleamatis ('Warsaw Nike' or 'President', I'm not sure which) is now in a pot recovering and is looking good.
The transformation of these areas will be stunning......................hopefully!

12 comments:

  1. I'm sure it will be beautiful again. I have an unwanted cure for would be unruyt sempervivums which will feature in a post soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look forward to reading about that Sue :)

      Thank you for popping by

      Linda

      Delete
  2. Looks like you are on the road to renewal! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      It's going to be a long road cos the garden is actually quite big plus I have a whole allotment area and polytunnel area that needs the same amount of time spent on it.

      Thank you for popping by

      Linda

      Delete
  3. Some nice sleeper work there, Linda. Comparisons are odious - your pictures are taken in different seasons which is not fair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those sleepers weigh a ton Mal, in fact I tried to move one today and dropped it on my finger - lordy did I scream!
      Thank you for coming by and commenting

      Linda

      Delete
  4. Best of luck in your transformations... enjoy every second of the process... this is truly the fun part in my estimation and I'm constantly rethinking areas of the gardens. Thanks for visiting my site! Larry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Larry and thank you for popping by here too.

      Linda

      Delete
  5. I am in the middle of redos of some areas and it will take time....I look forward to your new gardens as they sound delightful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep an eye out for your new areas too Donna, we'll get there eventually. Slow and steady wins the race!

      Thanks for stopping by

      Linda

      Delete
  6. Nothing beats a re-vamp to warm yer cockles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And we could certainly do with warming up out there couldn't we Jane - ruddy freezing yesterday and raining.
      Hopefully today will be a better day for us all.

      Thanks for commenting

      Linda

      Delete

Thank you for popping by, if you'd like to leave a message that would be awesome and I try to respond to all messages :)